Dale A. Hayes, Jr., Esq.
Attorney Dale Hayes, Jr., Esq. practice is devoted to personal injury work.
Dale is a second-generation Las Vegan and his son Tripp is third generation. Dale graduated from Durango High School and received a golf scholarship from Point Loma Nazarene College in San Diego, California. Dale started as a true freshman and played in several collegiate tournaments. In 2001, Dale graduated from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. In 2004, he received his Juris Doctorate Degree, graduating in the top third of his class from the William S. Boyd School of Law. While at Boyd, Dale practiced as a student attorney with the Thomas & Mack Legal Clinic.
Prior to starting The Hayes Law Firm, Dale served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Stewart L. Bell. Dale spent his first five+ years in practice at one of Nevada’s most prestigious civil law firms. While there, Dale focused his practice on medical malpractice defense, wrongful death litigation, nursing home litigation and personal injury litigation (both plaintiff and defense work). Dale honed his personal injury skills by being involved on both ends of the litigation for years. Dale has represented clients in hundreds of administrative proceedings and has handled numerous arbitration proceedings to judgment, both private arbitrations as well as arbitrations conducted in the Eighth Judicial District Court’s annexed arbitration program. Dale has also been involved in numerous appeals and has argued before the Nevada Supreme Court as well as the Tenth Circuit Court of Federal Appeals. Dale also has extensive trial experience, both jury trials and bench trials. In his approximate fifteen-year legal career, Dale has represented clients all over the State of Nevada, including practicing in the First, Second, Fifth and Eighth Judicial District Courts. Dale has practiced in countless municipal and justice courts across Nevada and even tried cases in both the Meadow Valley Justice Court (Pioche, Nevada) and the Esmeralda Township Justice Court (Goldfield, Nevada). Dale has also represented clients pro hac vice in California, Utah Federal Court and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver, Colorado.
Dale started The Hayes Law Firm in 2009. Although he continued his civil litigation practice and further expanded his practice to include focused criminal defense, his prior clients and experience repeatedly dragged Dale back into personal injury law. Dale continued expanding his practice to include more personal injury cases. After securing numerous client’s substantial settlements, Dale decided to expand his practice to focus on personal injury litigation. Dale recruited his father, a 30+ year seasoned personal injury litigator, to join his practice.
The majority of Dale’s spare time is devoted to Tripp, his son, as well as golf, travel, his friends and family. Dale hosts a travelling annual golf tournament and is a board member of both the Spanish Trail Country Club as well as the Southern Nevada Junior Golf Association.
- Personal Injury Law
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Probate Litigation
- Nevada 2004
- United States District Court 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit 2017
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, 2014 – 2019
- Super Lawyer Ranking by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017 – 2019
- Superb Rating 10/10 by AVVO, 2011 – 2019
- Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine, 2014 – 2016
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014 – 2016
- Outstanding Young Lawyers in the Mountain States, Top Attorneys, 2014 & 2016
- Top Lawyer, Desert Companion Magazine, 2014
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, 2001
- William S. Boyd School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2004
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada Justice Association
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- National College for DUI Defense
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association